The Hilliard Horseshoe Club has been part of the community for
over 30 years. We
- Have a 12-week league on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from
May until September. Handicapped. Teams are re-formed each
season, from individual sign-ups. We typically have 40 or so
people pitching one or both nights.
- Maintain the horseshoe courts at the Hilliard Municipal
Park, where we play. 8 courts, Ohio blue clay.
- Host an annual summer weekend tournament, drawing players and
fans from around the state. 64 pitchers, 8 classes, and a yummy
- Gather for an annual banquet in the fall. Pitchers, spouses
and guests; great food, awards, door prizes and fun.
Pitching horseshoes is?
- Exercise - Throwing, bending, reaching,
walking. Our league games are 50 shoes, 25 round trips. An
individual typically pitches in 3 games an evening, but it could
be as many as 6.
- Camaraderie - Local clubs, life long friends,
sanctioned tournaments. Our club is one of several clubs in the
area. We have a mix of long-time and newer friends.
- A lifetime / family sport - There's no
advantage of being young or old, male or female. Our league
typically has them all!
- Competition - A nice combination of serious
and fun!. League handicaps help even out the competition. Our
league's "fun night" and weekend Ohio tournaments offer
additional blends of fun and competition